Withania somnifera is scientific name of ashwagandha and ashwagandha is derived from Sanskrit word horse smell. Ashwagandha is a plant and is noted with many health benefits to treat many health issues. The supplements of ashwagandha are used from many centuries in the field of Ayurvedic medicine to treat physical and mental conditions of an individual. The Ayurvedic medical practitioners claim that, whoever consumes the root benefits with power like horse. The extracts subsides the pain of long term health conditions that cause severe pain and also used to treat life threatening diseases.
Ashwagandha is considered as anti microbial and anti oxidant and also protects brain cells against damage and preserve them for long time. The extracts have the power to reduce anxiety and stress from the very moment consumed and most sought for emotional imbalance. When consumed in moderation, the ashwagandha supplements do not cause side effects.
The benefits of ashwagandha are obtained from the root of the shrub. Here are few more benefits of ashwagandha-
- The ashwagandha supplements are prescribed for overall vitality, immunity, to recover fast from illness and to attain virility.
- The supplements are also used to cure cancers, tumors and pain in muscles.
- Currently ashwagandha is used to attain cognitive function.
- Ashwagandha extracts is able to create a relaxing and de stimulating effect.
- It suppresses the body’s stress by controlling the cortisol amount.
- Cortisol is the hormone that accompanies stressful stimulation and generates flight reactions throughout the body.
- Ashwagandha helps relieve from the flight reactions.
- Ashwagandha extracts also has strong neuro- protective properties and acts as an antioxidant.
- Ashwagandha supplements keep age related degenerative diseases at bay and increases longetivity of an individual.
- Currently ashwagandha is used in the form of nootropic supplement to improve mood and mental focus.
- Individuals suffering from cognitive or emotional imbalances feel better after consuming supplements of ashwagandha.
- People who are diagnosed with depression and anxiety also benefitted from the ashwagandha root extracts.
- The root extracts blocks stress and induce mood and have a soothing effect on mind.
- Ashwagandha extracts ease hyperactive minds of people suffering from attention deficit hyperactive disorder.
- Ashwagandha is also been used to treat diabetes, arthritis and liver conditions.
- The extracts have beneficial effects on reducing symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- The supplements are well known for its anti- inflammatory qualities and provide instant relief to people suffering from chronic muscle pain and joint pain related to inflammation.
- Ashwagandha cuts cholesterol and lowers blood pressure.
- Dosages of the supplement are customized according to purpose of use.
- Individuals using ashwagandha supplements for mood lift should use 50 mg to 100 mg per day to ease stress levels.
- Dosage should not be exceeded by more than 500 mg and consumed more than three times a day to avoid side effects.
- Individuals willing to experience strongest result may increase dosage up to 2000 mg and consumed after splitting in to three parts equally.
- Ashwagandha supplements can be consumed along with food or in the form of beverage. Visit Nootriment.com for more knowhow.