Roller shutters are a common solution for keeping the sunlight out of your home. They are regularly used in place of or in addition to curtains and blinds. But, what makes roller shutters different from other similar sun blocking options? Well, for starters, the benefits don’t stop with light filtration and privacy control. In fact, they just begin.
Of course curtains and standard blinds may offer some privacy and shade on their own but if you want to save money on heating costs and better protect your home, you’ll want to choose roller shutters instead.
To learn more about why you should choose roller shutters for your home and how to choose them, here is a quick guide for you.
What Do You Need Them for?
You’ll want to start by determining what you’ll use your roller shutters for. You’ll need to decide whether they’ll be used for security, aesthetics, weather protection, or something else. From there, you’ll be able to make a better determination.
Once you determine where you’ll put your roller shutters, be sure to measure the space before you buy so you can get the right fit.
Types of Roller Shutters
There are many types of roller shutters out there. Each type offers unique advantages for the user. Here are a few types of roller shutters.
- Countertop Shutters: These kinds of shutters are meant for service counters in schools, sporting facilities, and other applications.
- Fire-Rated Shutters: Fire-rated shutters can be used to help improve building safety. They are commonly used to protect windows in homes and businesses.
- Security Shutters: Security shutters offer better safety for your home or business. They deter break-ins and can be synchronised with a security system as well.
- Wind-Resistant Shutters: Wind-resistant shutters are used to withstand high winds and severe weather. Since they are so heavy duty, they offer protection for mines, factories, and warehouses and in other applications.
Do You Need a Warranty?
Depending on the case, it may be more important at some times than others. However, it’s usually best to choose roller shutters that have a warranty. The best warranty will cover the whole product and parts. So, it’s up to you when it comes to whether or not you should get a warranty for roller shutters in Melbourne.
Benefits of Choosing Roller Shutters
- Control Light and Privacy: Of course, roller shutters help to control light and improve privacy. They are very effective for a wide range of adjustable privacy and light.
- Regulate Temperature: You’ll save money with roller shutters, too! They will help regulate indoor temperatures, reducing heat loss and transfer.
- Reduce Noise: Quality roller shutters will help reduce the noise level inside your home. So, if you have noisy neighbours or live near a highway, you won’t be able to tell. Also, roller shutters can offer better soundproofing so you don’t end up disturbing the neighbours yourself.